Deep-Sea Life Issue 19: Call for Submissions
Dear Deep-Ocean Colleagues,
DOSI and DSBS are pleased to announce that the call for submissions for Deep-Sea Life issue 19 (July 2022) is now open. The first half of the year has flown by! We are so looking forward to reading about your work and events over the last 6 months, as well as plans that you have for the remainder of the year. This issue’s submission deadline is Friday, July 15th, 2022.
For those who have just recently joined us, Deep-Sea Life is a key biannual publication that helps the deep-ocean research and professional community stay up to date with exciting developments in our field. For examples of the kind of content we include, you can read the January 2022 issue of Deep-Sea Life here.
Please share your latest news on current or upcoming projects and cruises, along with any of the other content types listed below, so we can celebrate all your achievements this July. Submissions should be sent to Maria Baker at email@example.com.
Here are the sections requiring your contributions:
- Photo of the issue (the winning entry will adorn the front page)
- Cruise News
- Project Focus (an on-going project or new venture)
- Meeting and workshop reports and announcements
- It’s your opinion
- Scientist profiles (open to all, not just students!)
- Opportunities (cruise berths, jobs, training opportunities, funding options etc.)
- Wanted section (specimens, equipment, etc.)
- Hot off the Press (new papers published over the past few months)
- ~250 words or ~500 words for longer pieces (so they fit nicely onto the page!)- we like short and punchy!
- Font Calibri Body text size 12, Title size 16 Include relevant photos or graphs or photos of yourself etc. PLEASE SEND IMAGES AS SEPARATE FILES.
- Include any relevant web and/or email address for readers to contact you.
- Please submit text (with photo – separate file) for the scientist profile section – it may also help students to find a post-doc in future.
We have endeavoured to make the DOSI circulation list as far-reaching as possible, but of course we will not have found everyone. Please circulate this to your colleagues so they can both share content through Deep Sea Life and participate in DOSI should they wish to do so (they can sign up here).
We hope to have representation in the newsletter from around the world, so please do contribute. Thank you for helping to keep this global community connected!
With kind regards,
Your DSL editorial team
Maria Baker, Abi Pattenden, Eva Ramirez-Llodra, Michelle Taylor, Andrea Quattrini, and Bhavani Narayanaswamy