Deep Sea Life Issue 18: Call for Submissions
Dear Deep-Sea Colleagues,
DOSI and DSBS are excited to announce the call for submissions for Deep-Sea Life issue 18 (January 2022)! We are so looking forward to reading about your work and events over the past six months and the plans you have for the coming year. The submission deadline is Monday, January 17th, 2022.
Please share your latest news on current or upcoming projects and cruises, along with any of the other content listed below, so that we can celebrate all your achievements in our January/February issue of Deep-Sea Life. Submissions should be sent to Maria Baker at email@example.com.
Here are the sections requiring your contributions:
- Photo of the issue (the winning entry will adorn the front page)
- Cruise News
- Project Focus (an on-going project or new venture)
- Meeting and workshop reports and announcements
- It’s your opinion
- Scientist profiles (not just students!)
- Opportunities (cruise berths, jobs, training opportunities, funding options etc.)
- Wanted section (specimens, equipment)
- Hot off the Press (new papers published over the past few months)
- ~250 words or ~500 words for longer pieces (so they fit nicely onto the page!)- we like short and punchy!
- Font Calibri Body text size 12, Title size 16 Include relevant photos or graphs or photos of yourself etc. PLEASE SEND IMAGES AS SEPARATE FILES.
- Include any relevant web and/or email address for readers to contact you.
- Please submit text (with photo – separate file) for the scientist profile section – it may also help students to find a post-doc in future.
To see the type of content Deep-Sea Life usually includes, you can read the July 2021 issue here.
We have endeavoured to make the DOSI circulation list as far-reaching as possible but of course we will not have found everyone. Please do circulate this to your colleagues so they can both share content through Deep Sea Life and also participate in DOSI should they wish to do so (they can sign up here).
We hope to have representation in the newsletter from across the globe, so please do contribute. Thank you in advance for helping to keep this global community connected!
With kind regards,
Your DSL editorial team
Maria Baker, Abi Pattenden, Eva Ramirez-Llodra (and new members Michelle Taylor, Andrea Quattrini and Bhavani Narayanaswamy who replace our outgoing DSBS team, Paris Stefanoudis and Adrian Glover).